A warm orzo side salad with Mediterranean flavors.
- 2 cups uncooked orzo
- ½ cup olive oil
- 6 to 7 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ to 1 jar chopped sundried tomatoes in olive oil
- ½ jar olives stuffed with anchovies
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Italian parsley to garnish
- Cook orzo as directed on package.
- While orzo is cooking, sauté garlic in olive oil until barely beginning to become golden in color. (Don’t over-brown or it will become bitter.)
- Chop sundried tomatoes and slice olives.
- Pour olive oil with garlic over cooked orzo. Toss in tomatoes, olives and pine nuts and mix thoroughly with a fork, adding salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.