Image: Sakurai Midori
Guava Mojo Marinade Recipe for Tacos de Churrasco - Working Recipe
The marinade base for another in the line of "Island Tacos" I am working on for both my Sunday Taco Night and for my publication project. This recipe is a marinade for skirt steak. It needs at least 4 hours time to marinate - and no longer than overnight.
- Juice of 12 Limes
- 1 28 Oz Can of Whole Guavas (Also Generally Available at Walmart and Hispanic Markets and Asian Grocery Stores)
- 2 Tablespoons Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1 Bulb of Fresh Garlic, Coarsely Chopped
- 1 Bunch (About a Cup) of Chopped Cilantro - Rinsed, Leaves and Stem
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Garlic
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Cumin Powser (Best if Roasted in Seed Form and Ground)
- 1/2 Medium Sized White Onion, Coarsely Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Onion
- 6 Bay Leaves
- 1 Can of Chipotle in Adobe
- Combine well in a blender and fully incorporated, and broken down.